Search This Blog

October 22, 2014

Goodbye Oscar De La Renta

Hi readers!

   Growing up, I had a dream to become a fashion designer and create my own clothing line. One thing my friends don't know about me is I love to draw ^_^. During my teenage year, I'm also like the teenager that was bored in class and I secretly draw doodles and sometimes sketching a lady in a gown or a wedding gown ( Actually I'm still doing that when I'm bored and trying to release some stress) I got all the inspiration while reading magazines. I admired the creations of top designers like Valentino, McQueen and the work of Oscar De La Renta.

   Oscar De La Renta is one of the best known iconic fashion designers in the World. His success is largely down to his ability to take the main features of European fashion and transfer them to the American market. This has resulted in his company becoming one of the most successful fashion houses in the world. This has also been helped by his great business sense, something that not all designers have. (source)

"Every day you have to reinvent yourself" -Oscar De La Renta
Photo from source

   Oscar De La Renta died at age 82, he died of complications from cancer. 


Works of Oscar De La Renta:

   During 60's, he was known for dressing the fashion icon and first lady Ms. Jacqueline Kennedy. De la Renta was known creator of  classic and elegant designs, I notice that he also use floral or flowery designs. The recent work of Oscar De La Renta was Amal Alamuddin  wedding gown (Gorge Clooney's wife).


Sample sketch.
Photo from source
Oscar De La Renta with Amal Alamuddin
Photo from source.





Follow me on:





No comments:

Post a Comment