Search This Blog

April 26, 2012

Carmex Lip Balms Reviews

Hi Readers!


   After reviewing Carmex Lip Balm Original flavour (jar container), I admit I was totally in love and hooked with this lip balm. Aside from helping to moisturise and relieve dry chopped lips, it is also very affordable and no wonder why there're so many users kept on buying and using Carmex. 

About Carmex:
   Suffering from dry, chapped lips, Alfred Woelbing invented Carmex lip balm in the USA in the early 1930's. The mixture was carefully hand poured into small glass jars which Alfred would sell to pharmacists from the boot of his car. Now available with sunscreen, Carmex comes in squeeze tubes and click sticks-as well as in Alfred's original little jar. The Woelbing family still runs the business today! Carmex products are tested on family member-not on animals. 
Classic Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in jar, Original Flavour Carmex Mositurising Lip Balm in Tube, Original Flavour  Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in Click Stick, Strawberry Flavour Carmex Lip Balm in Click Stick.
I already made my review on Classic Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in jar container you can read it here
Original Flavour Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in Tube.
Pros What I Like
  • I love the vanilla scent :)
  • Moisturising
  • With expiration date

Cons What I don't like:
none, I can't think of any :)

Use: Alleviates the roughness of dry lips.

How to use: Squeeze and apply freely on your lips (Don't over squeeze the tube, press it softly so that it will not spill).

Size: 10g tube

Original Flavour Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in Click Stick.
Pro(s)What I like:
  • with SPF 15 (sun protection against lips darkening)
  • Safely Sealed 
  • I like the minty feel (cooling effect)
Con(s) What I don't like:
  • I don't know if it's just me but after applying this on my lips it became a little dry :( . It felt like I applied a matte lipstick (less the color though!)
  • a little waxy (maybe because of the solid form unlike the Carmex in the jar or in the tube that like gel)
  • I can't find the expiration date.

Uses: Lip Moisturiser, Sunscreen with SPF15 (protects from sunburn) and Brood Spectrum.

How to use:  use as like as applying lipstick. Apply liberally and evenly as often as necessary, and before exposure to sun, wind or cold. Reapply after swimming. Consult a health care professional for use on children under 12 months of age.

Size: 4.25g



Original flavor in a solid stick. Clear, not tinted, minty and with cooling effect.
Strawberry Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in Click Stick.
Pro(s)What I like:

  • I love the strawberry flavor (the flavor doesn't over power the minty taste)
  • with SPF 15
  • Safely Sealed 
  • I like the minty feel (cooling effect)
Con(s) What I don't like:
  • My lips became a little dry also (same adverse reaction as like in Original flavor Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in Click Stick)
  • has a waxy feel too.
  • I can't find the expiration date.
Uses: Lip Moisturiser, Sunscreen with SPF15 and Brood Spectrum.

How to use:  use as like as applying lipstick.

Size: 4.25g



Same as Carmex orginal flavor click stick it's clear, not tinted, minty and with cooling effect plus the strawberry flavor.
Recommendation:
   Yes I recommend Carmex but among the Carmex lip balms, I like most the one in the jar and tube container -I like how my lips moisturized. If your looking for a lip balm with SPF then choose the one in Click Stick. It's not tinted because of that, not only ladies but men can also use this (^_^).

Carmex Contains: Petrolatum, Lanolin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candellila) Wax. Ethylhexyl Methixycinnamate, Benzophenone-3, Ozokerite Wax, Cetyl Ester, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cera Microcistallina, Cera Alba (Beewax), Camphor, Menthol, Salicylic Acid and Vanillin.


Camphor - alleviates pain
Menthol - kill germs and relieves discomfort
Phenol - gently numbs your sore lips and removes old, dead skin.


Carmex Lip Balm cost as low as P109.75 pesos available in all PCX outlets ( Robinson Place Manila, Festival Mall, Rockwell, Alabang Town Center), Robinson's Department Store, Landmark, Shopwise Supermarkets, Pure Beauty (Serendra), Boracay Budget Mart, Suesh (Greenhills) Red Dot (Laog Ilocos Norte).

Manufactured by Carma Laboratories, Inc and distributed by Unified Wellness & Lifestyle, Inc in the Philippines.


For more info about Carmex just visit their facebook or Like Carmex Philippines fan page.


Thank you Unified Wellness & Lifestyle, Inc especially to Ms. Grace for giving me a chance to review Carmex Lip Balm (^_^)



Disclaimer:
Gencified blog site has included some product reviews. Reviews are solely based on my experience in using the product. Products that featured in this blog were personally purchased unless stated otherwise. I was not affiliated with any company and not paid for any product reviews nor advertising. In instances that a product sent to me by a company, the review will remain truthful and unbiased. Products that worked for me may not work for you so please use at your own discretion. 

5 comments:

  1. Had the same experience with lipbalms too, not just this lipbalm. My lips get dry instead of getting moisturized.

    I stop using lipbalm altogether except for alba terra tints, which is a tinted one, when I need to put color on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't know what happen. My lips got dry when I used the click stick it might be because of some ingredient (like SPF). When I used the one with jar and in tube (which doesn't have SPF) I don't experience adverse reaction. Where did you buy Alba Terra?

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried the one in a tub yet. I like the one sa tube. Kaso I must remind myself not to lick my lips once it's on. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine thanks for the comment (^_^) Oo nga me too I tried not to lick my lips kaso di naman natin maiwasan (^_^) Good day

      Delete
  3. I love Carmex in tube too or plain ol' Petroleum Jelly as cheap alternative.

    http://ohhthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete